Lucy came to us from a hoarding case where dozens of dogs and cats were confiscated from a home due to unsanitary and unsafe conditions.
She settled right into her foster home and has shown us that she is super affectionate once she knows and trusts you.
Lucy loves to explore her home and yard and is getting used to her daily routine. Walks were new to her but she loves them now and walks nicely on leash for 1-2 miles. So far, she appears to be 95% house trained and will pick up the remaining 5% in no time! She sleeps in a dog bed in her foster mom’s bedroom and sleeps soundly through the night.
She is very good with other dogs and has overall a great energy about her! She’s a little clingy and, if she’s going to be home alone during the day, we think she will be happy to have another dog around as her companion. Her preference is to not have too much activity going on so she will do best in a quiet adult home.
We think that she is about 13 years old and she’s about 14 lbs.
Lucy will likely adapt quickly into her new forever home and she promises to be a loyal, devoted companion!
Chihuahua Mix
Spayed Female
Age: 13 years old
Size: Small
Special Needs: No

Interested in adopting one of our senior dogs?

It's easy! First, make note of the dog's name and then move on to the
online adoption application.

After your application is approved, we will coordinate a time for a meet and greet with you and the senior dog you are applying to adopt.

If you (and your family) and the dog are a good match for each other, a home visit is then scheduled and completed.

After a home visit is complete, the adoption can be finalized and a new happy tail can be told!